Please enable JS


Need to demonstrate Part E compliance?


Need to demonstrate Part E compliance?

Contact us to discuss your project:      

t: 01242 506150


Our accredited engineers are on hand to carry out your pre-completion sound testing on any size development nationwide. We provide a cost effective service and produce the necessary reports for submission to Building Control.

What is sound testing?

Sound testing must be carried out in order to assess whether the building meets the minimum sound insulation targets as set out in Part E.

Depending on the building configuration you may need one or both of the following tests:

1. Airborne - A loudspeaker is used to emit a steady source of noise on one side of the partition wall. The sound level is then measured on the other side of the partition.

2. Impact - A tapping machine is placed on the floor that is to be tested and the noise is measured in the room below.

Get in touch to discuss the requirements of your development.

Why Fenton Energy?

One of our qualified engineers will carry out the testing at a time convenient to you.

We also offer acoustic consultancy services and noise impact assessments.

To get your competitive quote call us on 01242 506 150 or email us at